Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Accidents Happen


I layed in bed a couple extra minutes this morning telling myself that it was going to be a really great day and that no matter what happen it was still going to be a really great day. I'm pretty sure that I needed those extra minutes and I think I could have taken even a little bit longer and felt good about it. . . .
I thought "load up in the van, Grandma and Grandpa Watson are taking you to Tooele for the day", meant load up the van. Little did I know that it really meant, Max. . .Barrett. . .why don't you help yourself to Grandma's Car, knock the shift stick out of gear, freak out while it rolls down the drive way, cruises the hill in front of our house, up on the grass and hit the fire hydrant for a sure stop. Did you know that is what "load up in the van" means?? Luckily everyone was unharmed and will live through the event. Max was a little rattled and has the tennis ball bruise on his forehead to prove it. . . after all it's not everyday you're the driver in your first real accident (especially at age 4).
Grandpa Watson surveyed the damage and reported that not even the paint had been scratch. Just a little dent. :) After they left I had a little chuckle, I'm pretty sure the entire bumper has to be replaced. Thanks Grandpa for helping me not stress out about the damage while I was consoling my rattled child. Anyway, it was a still a really great day and as Grandma Watson pointed out at least the car didn't run over any of my other children. Good point Grandma Watson. I am grateful for that. The Watson's have adopted a new rule. . .Accidents may happen, but let's avoid them at all cost. . . .No more playing in cars. ;)

6 comments:

Dana and ohana said...

Glad to hear everyone is alright. What an adventure!

Anonymous said...

Max,
DON'T let uncle Jeff hear about this...you'll never hear the end of it. Trust me, I know.
xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

OMG, I don't know how this didn't happen sooner... I just don't know how you can keep up with 4 little ones daily Shauna -- you rock! =) Oh yeah - I'm glad everyone's ok too!

Becca said...

That is crazy!! Those are stories that you hear about but that never happen to you or your family! I'm so glad that the little guys were okay. What a blessing! Hang in the Shaun.. I'm glad you still had a great day. You deserve it! You're an awesome mom! :)

My Many Coloured Days said...

I cannot believe this is a real story! I can't believe you are able to blog about it already!!! You have a wonderful grandpa on your side!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a day for you, glad everyone is ok! Only "super mom" could handle a situation like that! (Te he)