Monday, July 9, 2012

My Dad is graet! My mom is NOT!

When I saw this latest journal entry from Jacq's journal I had myself a little chuckle. It's true. I am kind of the disciplinarian at this house. Kind of?? Oh boy am I ever. Dad is usually flowers and rainbows. Playtime and treats. Mom is jobs.. and reading.. piano.. clean your room. Don't fight with your brother.. Boo!! So I think sometimes those things equal not so nice. Not so fun. Not so sweet. I won't go through all the things that I do that I think make me a good mom. Especially this week.. there might not be a whole lot of them. :) And let's face it..  I do a lot of things that aren't super good. Dang it! I do! I'm am the first one to admit that I am not perfect. So I won't give you that list either. (Embarrassing!) But I can tell you that I am doing my best. I think I need a manual. Yes.. a manual would be nice.. actually 5 individual manuals would be nice. Raising good productive children for me is selfless. It is frustrating. It makes me want to pull every last hair out of my head.. Some days {today}. Making sure I am teaching the children to work. To explore. To love and serve others. To understand and find things to be true for themselves.. times by 5. It is all hard work. To make sure that they all feel loved. To make sure that they have self-esteem. To make sure that they can be nice, but can still stick up for themselves .. times that by 5. Let's face it.. the mom list goes on and on. Dad's list does too, but this is kind of a mom rant today. :) Anyway.. after my mini pity party, I wanted to share one fun thing that I have started this summer and it seems to be a real big hit with my children. In fact, they LOVE IT!! Pretty sure they would be heart broken if I stopped. They write in their journal and I take a couple minutes to write them a message back.
Every morning the first thing they do is write in their journals and ask me.. "Mom.. Mom.. did you write me a message back??" It's pretty stinkin' cute. Love that they want a message from me. Love that they are so excited for it. Makes my mommy heart smile... even on the not so good days. xo.

4 comments:

Dana and ohana said...

just caught up on every thing!!! you guys are sooo stinking fun!

Alyssa said...

Oh sisser! I seriously don't know how you do it.....x5! One is rocking my little world!!!! (I want one of those manuals for Jaxson too!) You are such an amazing mom and such an inspiration to me. I think raising kids especially in this day and age is one of the most impossible tasks you will ever do! And as you do your best you will probably always feel as if it's not enough! (Life of a mom, I swear!!!). But I truly see what an awesome and devoted mom you are and you are rocking it!

Back to the post..... I love, love, love journal going back and forth. What an amazing connection to your children and something they can always look back on.

Becca said...

I can't stop laughing about this!! Jacq is one spunky girl! Love her! Love that you documented the journals. Your kids will get a kick out of that later! Can't wait to start those circle journals with my kids. Looks like SO MUCH FUN!

Deanna said...

You're like the most amazing mom I've ever met. Super hero mom! Not sure how you don't punch those kids in the face more often....not that you do that in the first place ...
xoxo