Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Grandma Lettie

I can not tell you how much love I have for this special lady! If there is anyone out there that actually still reads this blog and doesn't know who this lady is.. this is Lettie. Our Grandma Lettie. I have had a unique opportunity to care for her and I can not tell you what an amazing experience it has been not only for me, but for our entire family. I really could go on and on about all the incredible stories and what a big impact having her in our life has been. There was a time that I really worried the day would come that she might no longer remember who I was.. There are days that I wonder if she know my name. Honestly.. it doesn't even matter. When I walk in the door of her current residents she knows me. Her face lights up like you would not believe. I usually talk to all her friends along my way to her, but she knows that I am there to see her. Always. I think her favorite line when I ask her how she is doing is, "I am so great now that you are here!" And that is awesome!! She really says it to everyone! And I believe she means it! As people age they lose so much of their independence and it has been heart breaking for me see her struggle with this.. but I believe that she is a women full of grace. Full of love. I am proud to say that she is my Grandma. I love you Grandma Lettie. xo.

1 comment:

MaDeb or Deb said...

Love this picture! You two and your crazy pucker up!!! This post actually made me cry.....not because it was sad but because I love how you love my Mom!! She's an amazing Woman and so are you! There's a special place in Heaven for people like you and her....You are an angel to me and to my mom! Love You!!