Thursday, May 24, 2007

Graduation

There was a little part of me that was grateful that Max's Preschool didn't have a full blown graduation. Maybe it's because I didn't attend my own High School Graduation or my college graduation, but I've never found a big celebration and a peice of paper rewarding. . . . for me the accomplishment is found in the process. Max had an amazing year full of incredible accomplisments. He was anxious to go to school EVERYDAY, loved learning, and insists on taking his teacher and friends to kindergarden with him. I'm tempted to write about how smart my Max is . . . how he learned the alphabet, to count, read, socially interact with others. . .blah . . blah. . blah. . but the thing I am the most excited about is that partnered with his preschool we have instilled a love for learning at such a young age. It's exciting and I'm excited for him. On Max's progress report his teacher writes, "Max has been a delight to have in class. He has learned so much this year and always tries to do his best. I will miss him. Keep reading." Since he looks so cute in his little hat we just might have to have our own little graduation party in the back yard. Good Luck Max!

4 comments:

Dana and ohana said...

Good job Max! You are going to LOVE Kindergarten! Shauna-is it full or half day kindergarten?

Shauna said...

The kindergarten is half day, M-F.

Barrett Bunch said...

Wow, he is getting so big I can't believe he is done with preschool! I love the picture of him by the flowers with his little hat, you should blow that up!

RHS said...

Kindergarten graduation? What? I swear it was just yesterday we were having your baby shower for him!! He's so cute!