Saturday, May 12, 2007

Weekend Away!

Tim and I snuck out of Utah Valley for a romantic Triathlon weekend. :) I chuckled when I re-read that sentence. How can a triathlon weekend be romantic? Surprisingly enough it was romantic and restful. When we have friends that go out of town and leave their children they talk about how they missed their children like crazy. I didn't! :) I enjoyed every child free moment and just enjoyed being with Tim. We ate Olive Garden in, slept, had some special quiet time, slept, slept. . .I think Tim was amazed at how many cat naps I could fit in a 28hr period. Triathlon events are hot, long, and pretty amazing. I am amazed at how these athletes are able to challenge their bodies. Tim competed in what is called an Olympic Triathlon(1.5k swim/ 26.2mile bike/ 10k run)-He decided it was time to graduate from the sprint course and compete with the big boys at a more manly event. Next month he's up for the 1/2 Ironman. Not only was it a long event, it was an exteremly challenging course. My goal would be to not rest, walk, or throw up, but Tim's goal is to be faster today than he was yesterday. And he was!
You would think that our fun filled St George weekend wouldn't have any more surprises. . . . Every time I looked at Tim I had to do a double take. With his new haircut I could hardly recognize him. Something happened at registration. He went in with hair and handsome and came out...bald and beautiful (at least he thought it was beautiful!) I have to admit that as the hours pass his hairless head grows on me more and more. I didn't forget to mention our incredible babysitting crew. Thank you to Grandma Watson and Auntie Nana! You guys are great and we love you! The kids had a blast and can't stop talking about their weekend. . . .

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Jason would have shaved his head too! He thought that was great! Congrats in you competition!

Anonymous said...

You didn't use the photo I took! And I didn't see my name mentioned as the master babysitter. And you say I'M the favorite....
xoxoxo

Becca said...

Way to go Tim! You are a stud!! It's great to hear that you had a fun weekend with each other! I think you need those to gear up for another week! :) Congrats and thanks for sharing! We love you guys!

Jen said...

Ross probably would have jumped on the bald head train as well.....and I would have died....(his head isn't round...hehe)!!!
Congrats Shauna (on a restful 28) and Tim on a great race! Now to get you guys on mountain bikes.....