Saturday, June 9, 2007

TRI Something New

I did it! I feel a little bit like Timmy Tim! I finally competed in my first sprint Triathlon this year. Even though it was just a little home town event I had a blast. The energy that is present at these events is unbelievable . . . I felt unstoppable and on top of the world. The event was extremely viewer friendly. I saw my little cheering squad plenty of times and they were darling. Thank you ~ Thank you to you all. I loved all the cheers, whistles, high fives, flowers, pictures, and cheesy grinning smiles.
Tim raced and placed first in the men's division and second overall. :) He's almost unstoppable.. . . just in case you didn't catch it. . .he did get beat by a GIRL! Maybe . . just maybe. . . . that will motivate him to start training. I have to admit I didn't do all that bad myself. I placed 3rd in my age group with a time that wasn't too shabby. Not bad for a "Pretty Mom."
Tim likes to say, "Tri Harder" I think I prefer the terminology, "Tri Something New." Heck. . .Tri something fun. . .spice up your life. . . live a little. . . . .put a smile on your face. . .add a little bounce back in your step. . . accomplish. . .LIVE! I know if your mind can conceive it ~ you can achieve it! What to do now? Start small. . . set a goal. Heck we can even set a goal together? I like the sound of that. What will I do next? What will you do? Want to do something together?

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Congrats Skinny Minny! You are awesome!

Becca said...

WOW-- you are amazing! Once again, I'm speechless. Sounds like you had a great time accomplishing one of your goals. I'm not too sure I can keep up with you! But I will let you know, that I've tried to start jogging. I'm not even going to tell you what I'm up to because it's embarassing, but I'm working on it.. I'm trying something new! :) Thanks for inspiring me!

Laura Lee said...

Shauna you have a ton of heart and drive!!! Thanks for being such a great running buddy. You inspire me!! I can't wait to see your time this year for the Hobble Creek Half Marathon. You Rock!

Anonymous said...

2