Saturday, March 3, 2012

Max's baptism talk.

{I love it that Alexander and Barrett really wanted Max to speak at their baptism. They look up to Max in so many ways. Max pretty much wrote his entire talk himself. Tim asked him some questions and let him put his thoughts down on paper. Then we smoothed out some rough spots together. Love this boy! He is a good boy! I am grateful Alexander and Barrett have him as an example. I am grateful that he is apart of our family!}

{Max's talk}

Hi! I’m Max. I’m Barrett and Alexander’s Brother. I was baptized last year by my dad in the same font as you

I remember when I got baptized I was really excited. I couldn’t wait to become a Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints and to receive the Holy Ghost. I remember that the water was warm. And that I was a little nervous... Kind of like I am right now.

I want to share a couple thoughts about baptism. Baptism is when you go under the water and become clean. What I mean by “become Clean” is all your sins are gone. One way I like to think about baptism is like a sheet of paper.. when we do something not nice or we do something we know is wrong.. like take my cousins dollar.. or not wear my seatbelt… a mark appears on my paper. Eventually I would have a lot of marks on my paper. There are only two ways to have a completely clean paper. The First way to “be clean” is to be baptized. When Alexander, Barrett, and Avery are baptized today they will be completely clean. Not one mark on their sheet of paper.

As hard as you try you will not stay clean forever. I remember the first time I got a mark on my paper after I was baptized. Right after my baptism we were having lunch at my house and my friend’s brother was bothering us. So I told Collin to go home. That was a mark. I big fat mark on my clean sheet of paper. Eventually your paper will get some marks just like mine got marks. Like Barrett might whine about doing Piano or Avery might take a toy from her brother. Luckily Heavenly Father made a second way for us to have a clean sheet of paper. Every Sunday we can become clean again when we take the sacrament.

I am grateful for baptism. I am grateful I was baptized. I am grateful that you are all being baptized today. I think everyone should be baptized so everyone can be clean and return to our Heavenly Father.

In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Cutest talk ever! It was so sweet that he spoke at their baptism...what a great day!!! :)