Friday, February 22, 2008

Tiny Moment * Day 16

"What the Hell"
You are probably thinking "What the H***" is this picture about? Or "What the H***" is she going to write? In reality you are probably not thinking that but it was awfully fun to write. Anyone that knows me is just sure that the "What the H***" title is simply about the play doh. It's true I am not the biggest fan of play doh. As crazy as it sounds I am warming up. The kids love it and it keeps them busy for nearly 2 hours every time they play. I do enjoy listening in on their creative play and looking at all the fun things they drum up. "What the H***" really could be the fact that my son used his bum to create play doh hair? What? I know too much information. He cracks me up. I wonder where he comes up with this stuff. The title actually comes from words. . .and actions. . and understanding that there are little people running around my house listening. Listening to everything. Listening all the time. I have known this but it has been reconfirmed to me that there are four little mini-me's running around everywhere. They do what I do. Saying what I say. They have picked up similar mannerisms. As we were picking up play doh Max looked down at his pants and blurted out, "What the H***!" He said it so innocently and almost matter of factly. There was a huge smug of play doh on his pants. I just cracked up. After I pulled myself together I asked him where he learned that little phrase. My sweet boy was really embarrassed and didn't have a clue what the word meant. I don't even think he remembered where he heard it. But he heard it somewhere and he remembered. So mommy's out there. . .do remember that you too have little mini me's watching your every move.

6 comments:

MaDeb or Deb said...

Oh my gosh.. I'm sitting here laughing because I can just see Max!!! And he's your word patrol!! I agree with you about them picking up every little phrase. Like "What the heck!" We're all famous for that one and they have popped it out more than once. It's a good thing it's not too bad. Thanks for sharing and giving me an early morning laugh and watch those words! LOL

Alex and Jessica and kids said...

Play do is wonderful, I love that the kids will stay occupied for hours and hours with that stuff. Don't like the mess but love the activity.

Anonymous said...

How cute..I mean kind of. Well, it is cute, because it was done so innocently. What a cute kiddo.

Anonymous said...

I was laughing so hard! That is hilarious. I really really like him.

Becca said...

That is SOOO funny! And kinda scary too.. I don't want a little copy cat.. I may not like what I see or hear! :) Thanks for the reminder!!

Barrett Bunch said...

I appreciated that post and wasn't think what the H*** at all! Play doh is a staple at our house, we love it and play it everyday! Yes, they are parrots and do repeat everything you say. My Kayla 18months old is running around saying s*h*i*t... Max you are too cute, I love how inncoent they are even as they get older!